REGISTER FOR THE END OF LIFE CHOICES & MEDICAL ASSISTANCE IN DYING WORKSHOP :Click here to fill out the registration form: sshp.ca/9f50
For more information, go the Member Serices portion of this website and click on Education/Formation.
The Manitoba government is releasing significant portions of the KPMG Health System Sustainability and Innovation Review (HSIR) including sections containing recommendations implemented and underway as part of the initial stages of the province’s health system transformation, Health, Seniors and Active Living Minister Kelvin Goertzen announced today. To view the full press release, click HERE.
IHCAM is pleased to publish its first Connections Newsletter to provide its members and the public with pertinent information, activities and upcoming events that are occuring throughout the province of Manitoba.
Click here to read the November issue of Connections
IHCAM is pleased to partner with the Catholic Health Association of Manitoba and CHCM's Compassion Project to host the April 19 & 20th conference on Compassionate Presence: Caring for the Spirit (overall) featuring Doctors Christina Puchalski and Shane Sinclair.
For more information on the conference, go to the News & Media section under Special Events to view the poster, conference program, and the sponsorship opportunities.
The Interfaith Health Care Association of Manitoba in partnership with the Catholic Health Association of Manitoba and nine (9) other partners submitted to the Minister of Health a document entitled The Case for Spiritual Health Care at the beginning of November 2017. Manitoba's current context in health care where everything is being questioned for its validity, effectiveness, and raison d'être was what drove the need to build a case behind the importance of Spiritual Health in our system.
To read the business case, click here.
Leading people and being `Mission Fit' requires constant encouragement and upgrading. This session is for busy (and often over-tired) Executive Directors, CEO`s, Staff and Volunteer Managers, and anyone who wants to increase in thei ability and desire leading others.
More details to follow
The Mission Series kicked off with a Leadership Formation and Governance Workshop on October 10th and 11th, 2017. Close to 80 leaders and board members from IHCAM, CHAM and CHCM affiliated sites participated in the session.
- Faith based health care organizations are committed to upholding all professional and governmental standards in healthcare, but faith based healthcare is also rooted in beliefs and values that go beyond professional and governmental standards to a holistic view of the person.
- Our members go beyond medical care with a commitment to spiritual health, compassionate care and the importance of serving others.
- One of the biggest benefits of faith–based organizations is the support from their community. Many faith based organizations are supported by private Foundations that fund services, projects and spiritual health care that are not supported by Manitoba Health. Additionally, faith-based organizations have a large contingent of dedicated volunteers that help to enhance the care and service at each organization.
Click here to view the Implementation plan for Manitoba Spiritual Health.
Click here to view the presentation by Julie Turenne Maynard to the Bill 6 Legislative Committee on June 11th, 2012.
SUMMARY – ISSUES OF CONCERN TO OUR MEMBERS
- Bill 6 ignores and contravenes the basic principles that have been negotiated in long standing agreements with government and the Regional Health Authorities (RHAs).
- Bill 6 is tantamount to a breach of trust.
- Bill 6 is an affront to the legitimate and value laden role and significant contribution of the nine (9) faith-based groups that own and operate health and social service organizations in Manitoba.
- Bill 6 increases the ability of bureaucracies, the RHAs, to unilaterally impose their will on private corporations in matters fundamental to their autonomy;
- The ability of private corporations to carry out their distinctive missions and mandates, to innovate and experiment, to choose and retain their own leaders, to connect with particular communities of supporters, can all be crucial to their success in providing care that fits the needs and aspirations of clients, residents and patients and their families.
- INFLUENZA HITS A HIGH IN WINNIPEG
- Workshop on End of life choices & Medical Assistance in Dying
- Manitoba Government Releases Background Information From Health System Sustainability and
- IHCAM Launches Connections Newsletter
- Compassionate Presence Conference Coming Soon
- Making the Case for Spiritual Health Care
- Real Leadership in the Nonprofit World
- The Mission Series Kicks off
- Minister Kelvin Doerksen proclaims Spiritual & Religious Care Awareness Week
- PROVINCE MOVING FORWARD ON NEW PERSONAL CARE HOME CAPACITY IN MANITOBA
- VALUE ADDED OF FAITH-BASED HEALTH CARE
- Manitoba Health Spiritual Care Strategic Plan
- Presentation to the Bill 6 Legislative Committee